Wednesday, January 26, 2005

My feelings

As the trip draws near, I am having a mixed feeling toward it. I know I am thankful for everyone in our team. This is the fourth time I involve with a mission team at OWU and this is the BEST team I have worked with. I am just amazed of how dedicated and hardworking each and everyone is. I am excited for this trip. I know everyone will have a great time.
I am also worried, will everything happen as I plan? Nga and I really start the trip from scratch and we have gone a long way. I am confident though that it will be a huge success. We have not gone yet but I am also hopeful that someone from our team might like this trip and Vietnam so much that it will continue to be a tradition at OWU.
I know the past few weeks we have dealt with financial issues. I don't think those hurdles will stop us from going. However, I would really like to have some time for team bonding. We have worked well together but do we really know each other. I just like this team so much that I want us to grow deeper friendship.
A lot of time, this trip is the only thing in my mind, especially lately. I thank everyone for the hardwork so far and I look forward to this renzdevous together.

5 Comments:

At 1/27/2005 1:30 PM, Blogger Dr. Lisa said...

Its true that we have not had much time for participating in "structured" team-building activities. But I think that the weekly meetings and all the hard work that everyone is putting into the effort, many times together with one or more other team members, has had its own team-building effect. I know everyone much better than I did just a couple of months ago. The informal conversations that occur as we deliver pizzas, make spring rolls, construct Christmas ornaments, put out flyers, etc. are really reflective of who we are in the most genuine of lights. And from here, the lights shine brightly!!

Lisa

 
At 1/27/2005 9:01 PM, Blogger PT said...

Lisa, you are absolutely right. I definitely know everyone much better now than when we first started. It is just my wishful thinking to have some time exclusive to do fun stuff, like dinner together, bowling, and whatever. The more time we can spend together, the better we will become comfortable with each other. But of course, you only have 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.

 
At 1/28/2005 12:11 PM, Blogger Dr. Lisa said...

Yes, the days do seem to keep getting shorter. I think that if we cannot get in a dinner or something else fun before the trip, we ought to plan on something after we get back. That would be a great way to bring everyone back together and be able to talk about the trip, share pictures, share stories, etc. Once it warms up some we could have a cookout at my house. I make really good Cajun catfish in my outdoor cajun cooker. My partner and I live on Washington St. just around the corner from Jon and Susan, so we are close. I think we should plan on a cook out in April or May even if we do get together before the trip. Whatcha' think???

 
At 1/29/2005 12:27 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

I love cookouts!!! I think it would be a great idea to get together after our trip as well :) Let me know if I can help once we get a little bit closer to the time.

Thanh, you and Nga have been doing a great job getting the details of the trip put together. I am confident that the trip is going to be amazing. I am getting sooo excited! Of course we can't expect everything to occur exactly as we think it is going to because it never does. (And there would be no fun in this either) However, I've placed our trip and our safety and our impact on the children's lives in God's hands. Beyond that there's not much room left for worrying :) Thanks so much for all you've done for this team!

PS I think we should just go ahead and plan some social events (bowling, dinner, etc) even if not every member can attend. We all have such different schedules I think it's going to be difficult to get everybody together for one event. If we have a few planned then hopefully everyone can make it for at least one of the events!

 
At 1/30/2005 7:45 PM, Blogger Kumar said...

Yeah, I agree with Jennie and Lisa above - I love cookouts - Lets plan on it...It'll be fun meeting everyone again after the trip and share pictures and jokes and so on..

Also, like Jennie, I think we should also plan other activities like bowling, or movie or something so that most people can atten even if not everyone - we all indeed have varying schedules. Plus most of us are involved with so many other things on and off campus too!

Any suggestions for the next activity?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home